Salary: £12,480 (£13/hr ) Hours: 20hrs / week
12 month Fixed Term – September 2017 to August 2018
Crescent Community Radio, 1 Devon Street, Rochdale OL11 1HN
Funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, you will be the coordinator of the Kashmiri Lives project. The aim of which is to record and document stories and memories of Kashmiris living in Greater Manchester.
- Arrange and conduct individual oral history interviews with community members to record memories and life stories using audio and video equipment.
- Undertake all processing and collection management, including keeping a record of interviewees by date and place and collecting clearance forms.
- Take responsibility for scanning, documenting and recording donated artefacts and photographs and return the originals to their rightful owners.
- Manage the collection of recordings including transfer onto storage media to ensure long term security of the interviews collected prior to archive
- Produce a written summary of interview contents to ensure interviews are accessible and ensure summaries are completed by volunteers where appropriate.
- Recruit and train volunteers in oral history recording and heritage research skills.
- Assist in the design of a temporary exhibition
- Support all aspects of dissemination of project findings
Person Specification – essential requirements
- Knowledge of oral history
- Knowledge of standard IT packages for word processing and video/audio recording
- Knowledge of Kashmiri community history, migration, settlement, culture and language
- Experience of recording and processing individual oral history interviews
- Experience of working in multicultural settings
- Experience of organising and or supporting the organisation of community events
- Experience of working with Kashmiri community
- Effective oral communication and presentation skills with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Fluent in spoken and written Pahari
- Effective written skills including the ability to present information in a clear concise manner
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to recruit, train and supervise volunteers
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to use standard IT word processing package
To apply, send your CV and a letter of application to :
email@example.com or post to Crescent Community Radio, 1 Devon St, Rochdale OL11 1HN
All posts subject to funding.
Deadline for applications: 1pm, Thursday 17th 2017