Rajab is one of the four months declared sacred by Allah (SWT) in the Glorious Qur’an.
Special prayers and Aamal that can be prayed and carried out on any day or daily for this seventh month of Islamic lunar calendar reached us on the authority of Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw), Imam Ali (as), Imam Zainul Abideen (as), Imam Jafar Sadiq (as) and Imam Sahib uz Zaman (as), are given below:
1. The month of Rajab, in its superabundant favors and benefits, reverence and sanctity, is next to none. It is linked to Almighty Allah (SWT) as Sha’ban to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) and Ramadan to his Ummah (Muslim Community).
2. Who so observes fast (even one day) during the month of Rajab gets Allah’s pleasure.
3. Ask forgiveness and turn repentant to Allah (SWT) as much as you can because mercy drops from the heaven like a gentle rain in the month of Rajab (also known as “As’abb” – pouring out, full of love and kindness).
4. Allah (SWT) shall forgive and have mercy on him who recites:
Astaghfirulaahallad’ee Laa Ilaaha Ilaa Huwa Wah’dahoo La Shareeka Lahoo Wa Atoobu Ilayh (I ask forgiveness of Allah, who is “There is no God save He, and no other; has no partner”; and I turn repentant to Him)
at least 100 times (400 times will accrue more rewards), and recites “Laa Ilaaha Illallaah” 1000 times, during the month of Rajab, and gives alms in the name of Allah at the completion.
5. Recite Surah Al-Ikhlas at least 100 times (1000 or 10000 times will accrue more rewards) in the month of Rajab.
6. Keep fast on any day in the month of Rajab.