Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakhatuhu!
How are you? Hope you are well and in the best of health and imaan as always .
I’d like to apologise for the delay, technical issues had prevented me from writing earlier on. Hope you are enjoying my shows and as ever I am looking to improve so I do welcome feedback, email@example.com or for other shows on the radio firstname.lastname@example.org.
Okay in conjunction with my Light Upon Light show, in the future I will also write about the drive shows that I’m currently presenting and once sis Rahat and Nafisa get on board here, the Youth Show as well . Also feel free to put up your requests or comments here also so I may play them or read them out on drive or vice versa.
Below are the summaries of two week’s worth of shows for Light Upon Light:
Light Upon Light (11/07/09 and 18/07/09) summary
- Discussed about the kindness of Allah and the fact that he (swt) treats people equally. If one had mercy on on others, then Allah would return that treatment to you. Read out a few hadith in regards to support this especially a lengthy one about Allah asking the angels to witness that a person was forgiven whom praises the lord on the roads and paths.
- Read a story (11/07/09) about a young rich person who played a trick on a poor man and was astonished to see his grattitude and gratefulness. The young person realised the saying ‘It’s more blessed to give than to receive’ was now infact true. Moral of the story: One who has grattitude will be steadfast and will appreciate things.
- Read a story (18/07/09) entitiled ‘Allah is the provider’. A story about a beggar who begged for money and was always hopeful that Allah would help him. This poor sister was touched by an incident which occurred to the beggar and gave what she could. In the end a rich man (who had a fracas with the beggar ended up giving money to her). Moral of story being: What come around, goes around. Your genorosity is never left unnoticed by Allah as he is the provider.
- A poem was read out as well about a message to the world and how the Qur’an is a sign for humanity.
- Islamic word was Seeratul Mustaqim (18/07/09) which is defined as straight path.
- Riddle (11/07/09), the answer to that was secret! (18/07/09) I am carrying over from last week so no mention here!
- Dealing with worries and stress – Went through how Jihad (struggle for the cause of Allah) may dispel worry e.g. salah and fighting against waswasah. Also how speaking about the blessings of Allah and how beneficial it is to remember them.
- Qur’an segment – Went through verses 163 – 167 and 168 – 176 of Surah al Baqarah
That’s it then for this week! Hope the summaries have been of help and I will provide the source of informations (books, emails or websites I may have used on request).
Allah keep you on the straight path, bless you and keep you in the best of health and iman as always .
Wa alaikum us salam.