Welcome to the online home of Crescent Community Radio, a grassroots, community organisation. We first hit the airwaves in December 1999 regularly broadcasting during Ramadhan and in Milad to celebrate the birthday of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) but since then, have grown from strength to strength. Broadcasting in English and other community languages, we respond to our listeners’ health and wellbeing and encourage as much participation as possible from all members of the local community, regardless of religious inclination.
We’re here to serve as many different communities as possible. Here is a taster of some of our recent activities.
- Digital Inclusion Project – helping people aged 55 and above access digital technologies
- Health Awareness Programme – a multitude of health professionals outlining and accessing audiences that often are in the most need
- Covid Crisis Helpline – we were one of the first community organisations up and running in March 2020, helping to deliver urgent food and medicines to isolated individuals.
- Oral History Projects – we have completed two recent projects, Kashmir Lives and East African Lives, documenting the history and current issues affecting these communities. These projects reflect our desire to be seen as a heritage organisation
- Spanish Project –A passionate and hard working community, Crescent Radio is now providing a platform and some co-ordination for this community of recent migrants from South American Spanish speaking countries who are an increasing minority within the local area.
The list is ongoing and continuous. Watch this space for more ongoing and exciting projects. Our live radio shows go hand in hand with our community work, without our community, there is no radio.