With the exception of the Martyrdom of Sayyiduna Imam-e-Hussain (radi Allahu anhu) there are also various other incidents which occurred on Yaum-e-Ashurah. It is also for those reasons that this day has received such excellence. In his internationally renowned Kitaab, “Nuzhatul Majaalis”, Hazrat Sheikh Abdur Rahman Safoori (radi Allahu anhu) explains the following important events which took place on Yaum-e-Ashurah:
1. It was on this day that the Skies earth and the Lauw-e-Qalam came into existence.
2. It was on this day that Hazrat Adam (alaihis salaam) and Hazrat Hawa were created.
3. Hazrat Adam’s (alaihis salaam) Tauba was accepted.
4. Hazrat Nooh’s (alaihis salaam) Ark came on land.
5. Hazrat Ibrahim (alaihis salaam) received the status of Khaleelullah.
6. Hazrat Yaqub (alaihis salaam) met Hazrat Yusuf (alaihis salaam) after 40 years.
7. Hazrat Idrees (alaihis salaam) was raised into the skies.
8. Hazrat Ayub (alaihis salaam) regained his health.
9. Hazrat Yunus (alaihis salaam) was released from the stomach of the fish.
10. Hazrat Dawud’s (alaihis salaam) Tauba was accepted.
11. Hazrat Sulaiman (alaihis salaam) received his Kingdom.
12. Hazrat Esa (alaihis salaam) was raised into the skies.
13. Hazrat Muhammad Mustapha (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) made Nikah to Hazrat Bibi Khadija (radi Allahu anha).
14. It is on this day that Qiyamat will occur.